Connecting Two Bose Speakers (Step-by-Step Guide)
Bluetooth speakers are perfect when you want to listen to music regardless of your location. They offer a straightforward wireless connection without compromising sound quality.
The disadvantage of a single speaker is that it is incapable of reproducing real stereo sound, which is produced by two separate speakers on the left and right.
You may pair two Bose SoundLink speakers to play in stereo or in unison. Here’s how to use the Bose Connect app to pair two compatible Bose speakers.
Combining Two Bose Speakers
Using the Bose Connect app or speaker buttons, you may pair two Bose SoundLink speakers for simultaneous audio playback. Bose speakers can be paired in two distinct modes. In Party mode, both speakers play simultaneously, whereas Stereo mode separates the left and right audio channels. Want to improve your home audio? Then read our evaluation of the Bose Smart Soundbar 900.
Setting up Bose Party Mode using the AppThe Bose Connect app allows you to manage multiple Bose smart speakers across your home. Here’s how to switch the Bose Connect app into Party or Stereo mode.
- Rotate one of the two speakers you wish to connect.
- Pair your mobile device with one of the available speakers.
- Launch the Bose Connect application.
- To locate your Bose SoundLink speakers, swipe left.
- Tap the icon with two speakers.
- Select Proceed and allow the connection between the two speakers.
How to Configure Bose Stereo Mode Through the App
- Ensure your speakers are set to Party mode
- To switch to Stereo mode, hit the STEREO (L/R) slider button.
- To return to Party mode, hit the STEREO (L/R) slider button again.
How to Configure Bose Party Mode with the Speaker Buttons
The Bose speaker buttons approach permits pairing of two compatible Bose speakers without the need of an app. Here’s how to use the speaker buttons to enter Party or Stereo mode.
- Turn on the two speakers you intend to use.
- 2.Connect one of the two speakers to your smartphone, tablet, or other Bluetooth-enabled device.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons on the associated speaker until a voice can be heard.
- Press and hold simultaneously the Bluetooth and Volume – buttons on the second speaker until a tone is heard.
- A voice cue will indicate that your speakers are in Party mode. The sound from both speakers will begin to play simultaneously.
How to Configure Bose Stereo Mode with Speaker Buttons
Before you may switch to Stereo mode, you must go to Party mode.
- Press and hold simultaneously the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons until you hear Stereo mode on one of the speakers.
- A voice cue will indicate that both speakers are now playing in stereo by stating Left and Right.
How to Change Bose Modes Using the Speaker Buttons
To toggle between Party and Stereo modes, simultaneously press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons.
How to Turn Off Bose Modes Using the Speaker Buttons
To unlink the speakers, press and hold the Bluetooth button until a voice instruction is heard, or turn off one of the speakers.
Connecting Two Bose Speakers Presents Issues
If you are experiencing problems getting your speakers to play in Party Mode or Stereo Mode, check the following.
Connect each speaker individually
If both speakers are paired to a phone, tablet, or other Bluetooth device, stereo and party modes will not function.
Move speakers within range of Bluetooth
In Party and Stereo mode, the Bluetooth device connects to the first speaker, then the first speaker connects to the second speaker. Keep the speakers or devices within Bluetooth range, which is around 30 feet (9 meters), to avoid disconnection. Wi-Fi, microwaves, and baby monitors are examples of electronic devices that might generate interference. Once your Bluetooth device and speakers are in close proximity, determine if the issue has been rectified.
Keep software current
When using party and stereo modes, the software should be updated. When two speakers utilize distinct firmware versions, it can be difficult to connect them.
When connecting two Bose SoundLink speakers of the same model, it is recommended to give them unique names for improved identification.
Remove speakers from the list of devices
The paired device list should contain a list of the speakers you have previously linked to your phone or tablet. Locate your Bose speaker and remove it from the list. You can do so by selecting the speaker and selecting Forget or a comparable option. After that, attempt to reconnect the device to the speaker.
Reset your speaker
Occasionally, your speaker may need to be reset to fix small issues. A reset can either restart your device or clear its settings, restoring it to its initial configuration. Follow these procedures to restore factory default settings:
This reset clears all settings and returns the device to factory defaults.
- Turn your speaker on.
- Press and hold the Power button for approximately ten seconds.
- The Bluetooth indicator will then begin blinking.
- A voice will then prompt you to select a language.